Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tension

May next year is when everything begins, and I feel as if I've been living in a daze waiting for the moment when I'm waving goodbye at security and boarding the plane at Memphis International Airport. Then I will be gone. GONE. For one year, give-or-take a few weeks here and there. ONE YEAR. France and Italy. I will be living the dream that for so long has simply existed in my mind's eye. It is now at my fingertips and it begins in May.

I try very hard to live in the present. But with an incredible journey awaiting me, it is difficult to think of anything but that. Seven months is a long time, and I want them to fly by.



And yet, I do not. I want to savor every moment of the next seven months, for something spectacular could unfold. I would not dare miss a second simply because I am waiting. I am torn, torn between reality and dreams.

I feel as if my perspective of life at the moment is on a balance beam, balancing in a tense in-between. Tension. Life tension.

2 comments:

  1. My beautiful daughter. In your previous post/blog, you wanted more time....and this...you want time to fly. Make up your mind, my sweet angel...My thoughts: Enjoy the moment, every single one. Anything can happen in 7 months and if you didn't have this 'time', you might not experience something magnificent. I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! Savor these months. Italy and France are going to be amazing, but while you're there you're definitely going to miss home. One of the best things I've learned is to love where I am wherever I am :)

    ReplyDelete