Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stop, Collaborate, and Listen

For those of you few who actually read my blog, I extend my most sincere apologies for the lack of posts since early July. I got busy and lazy - yes, there is such a combination - and neglected anything important... or even anything unimportant for that matter. But as the end of this agonizingly slow summer is coming to a close in these last few days, I am realizing that I'm a bit anxious about the upcoming school year. The last few weeks of my summer have just sort of turned everything upside down. I feel like a little kid, rolling down a steep grassy hill over and over - all is a blur and nothing really makes sense (and in all honestly, why'd you decide to do this anyways?) but you're gathering speed and laughing and unable to breathe and every single bit feels alive.

I'm breathless and happy and ready for the next adventure, whether that be school or otherwise. I'm really looking forward to the classes I'll be taking this Fall because they are all courses that I am interested in and chose for myself, rather than following someone else's curriculum for general education. I dearly love to learn. I hungrily soak in knowledge; you could say that it's a passion of mine. I feel that having passion in life is so important. Scarlett O'Hara possessed a "passion for life," according to Ashley Wilkes. And to this day it is the reason that people everywhere love her character: her ability to be so passionate about something that it is so consuming and that she will pursue it to no end.

I want to live my life with such a passion that feels electrically alive. And I want to throw myself wholeheartedly into everything new and exciting because there really is no other way to live. I don't want a mediocre life.


If you know where the title is from, give yourself a pat on the back. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wear your prettiest nightgown, go outside and feel the breeze, Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that's the best way anyone can live their life :)

    ReplyDelete